Short Term Support in the Community
ECL has been commissioned by Essex County Council to provide Short Term Support services to Essex residents.
Short Term Support in the Community provides you with the support you need to maintain independence in your own home. The service focusses on supporting recovery, stabilisation and confidence building, ensuring that your needs are met and agreed outcomes are achieved.
To be eligible for the service you will have been assessed by a social care professional as needing a period of intensive support to stabilise your recovery before determining any longer term care and support requirements.
The support received will be different for every person. You may need to find a new way of getting in and out of bed or help cooking meals. Or you may need support with blood sugar monitoring and collecting medication from the pharmacy.
What will happen while I am receiving Short Term Support?
Our first job is to find out exactly what kind of support will help you the most.
- A social care practitioner, with support from an ECL Trusted Assessor has determined that Short Term Support in the Community is suitable for you. Once a referral has been made from the social care practitioner your service will start within 24 hours (or four hours for emergency cases).
- If you are in hospital, our Trusted Assessor will visit you there and help you to make arrangements for your return home.
Care and support in your own home
- One of our Trusted Assessors will visit you at home and undertake with you a customer support assessment. This means we will discuss what you would like to achieve from the service (goals) and how we can support you to do achieve them. We use your goals to make sure you have the right support in place and make as much progress as you possibly can.
- As well as our Trusted Assessor you will see our Community or Health Care Assistants and perhaps also our Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists. All of whom will work with you in your own home and local community to progress your recovery.
- Whilst you are receiving the Short Term Support in the Community service we will work with you to identify support networks within your family, friends and local community.
As this service is only in place for a maximum of six weeks, longer term arrangements will be discussed with you at the earliest opportunity so that you and your family or carers can plan for the future.
Who can make referrals?
Referrals are made by social care professionals in hospital or community settings.
To find out more
Call us on 03330 135438 or email ECL.firstname.lastname@example.org