Care Assistant - Highfields Wellbeing Hub (Chelmsford, Essex)
- Salary: £15,1140 - £20,150 pa
- Location: Highfields Wellbeing Hub - Chelmsford, Essex
- Contract: Permanent
- Hours: 37 per week
- Closing date: 05/02/2019
Established by Essex County Council in 2009, ECL is the UK’s first Local Authority Trading Company. We are now the largest Reablement Care provider in Essex, providing high quality care to vulnerable individuals, including the elderly, those with learning disabilities or sensory impairments. Drawing on our internal network of specialist support roles and working closely with NHS and external health and social care providers, we work to help our customers regain and develop their independence during their time with us.
We are recruiting for Care Assistants to join our expanding services within our Work Participation & Wellbeing Hub based in Chelmsford. This role is a 37 hour post and will require you to work 8.30am – 4.30pm shifts from Monday – Friday.
As a Care Assistant you will provide support in our Older Peoples services carrying out a variety of roles including:
Older Peoples Services
- Support in promoting our customers’ independence and maintaining life skills
- Engaging with customers through activities to meet outcomes
- Providing person-centred care
- Promoting choice and empower our customers
- Enabling active life support sessions
No experience is required for the right individuals as full training is provided.
Driving is ESSENTIAL and you may be required to work in other locations to support with business needs. You will also be expected to drive the pool car at Highfields Wellbeing Hub, transporting customers in the community from their home to the Hub.
Your Career Starts Here…
Are you looking for a rewarding career and have the passion to make a difference?
With on-going training and career development, you’ll always find a challenge to keep you thriving and add qualifications at the same time.
Benefits of working at ECL include:
- Full induction training and shadowing provided
- 45p mileage allowance (up to 10,000 miles p/a)
- Double pay on bank holidays
- Guaranteed hours available
- Travelling time paid between calls
- Healthcare support scheme
- Annual salary reviews and performance bonus
- Up to £1000 ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme available to staff *
- Enhanced contributory pension scheme
- ECL employee rewards scheme
- Free DBS check (if required)
- Career progression opportunities within ECL
* Terms & Conditions apply
- Driving licence and use of personal vehicle for work purposes
- Enhanced DBS Check (can be arranged through ECL if needed)
As part of this role you will be required to undertake the Care Certificate during your probationary period.
Sounds like a role suited to your skills?
Please submit your application and a member of our team will be in touch
The first step of the recruitment process will be a CV screening stage followed by a short telephone interview. Successful applicants will be invited to a face to face interview, and if you are offered a role with ECL you will be sent an offer of employment, subject to pre-employment checks.
ECL are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitable candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are proud to be part of the Disability Confident scheme which helps to employ, support and promote disabled people in the workplace.
Thank you for your interest in working for ECL. If you feel you have the required experience for this role and/or are looking for a rewarding new career, please APPLY NOW and you will be contact shortly!
For further information, please contact: email@example.com
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy please get in touch below: