Community Care Assistant - West Sussex (Various Locations)
COMMUNITY CARE ASSISTANTS - (West Sussex, Various Locations)
- Location: West Sussex, Various Locations
- Salary: £15,114.17 - £20,150.00 pro rata
- Contract: Permanent
- Hours: Various hours available
- Closing Date:28/02/2019
Salary up to £10 per hour depending on experience
- Do you get satisfaction from helping other people?
- Do you want to make a difference in your community?
- Do you want to be paid the best rates for care workers in the region, including 45p per mile business mileage?
- Are you interested in a job/ career for life?
Then why not join our award winning care team; we pride ourselves on being the best care provider in the county, promoting independence, dignity and quality of life at all times in a person centred caring and supportive environment. We are looking for caring and committed individuals to work in Crawley and surrounding areas including, Worthing, Horsham, Brighton and Bognor Regis.
As a Community Care Assistant, you will support vulnerable adults living in the community to achieve their desired outcomes, including maximising their health, wellbeing and independence, enhancing their quality of life and taking a greater part in their local community. Your duties will include:
- Provide practical, physical, emotional and social support and coaching to customers
- Ensure that customers have choice and control over the service/s they receive and the outcomes they wish to achieve
- Work as part of a team assessing and recording progress made by our customer’s towards their desired outcomes.
- Identifying appropriate equipment to support independent living
- Developing and maintaining good communication with customers, families and carers
Various hours are available with a variety of shift patterns available between 7am-11pm, 365 days per year. Rather than experience, we are looking for people who share our values and our commitment to helping and caring for individuals in our community.
With ongoing training and career development, you’ll always find a challenge to keep you thriving and add qualifications to your belt at the same time.
- Flexible working hours
- Double pay on bank holidays
- Earn in excess of £5,500 in additional hours on top of your base salary
- 45p per mile
- Travelling time paid between calls
- Leading hourly pay rates
- Healthcare cash plans with up to £700 claimable during the year
- Performance related pay (incorporating salary and bonus payment)
- Up to £1000 ‘refer a friend’ scheme available to staff *
- Contributory pension scheme
- 4,000 exclusive member offer
- Free DBS check
- Career progression opportunities within ECL
CQC rating of ‘Good’ and ‘Outstanding’ for Well Led
* £1000 offer up to 31st March 2019 for referrals in the community roles (will then revert to £300)
All appointments are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check which will be paid for by ECL. As you will need to travel, the use of a car for work purposes is essential.
ECL is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.