ECL – The Care & Wellbeing Company
CQC rating of ‘Good’ and ‘Outstanding’ for Well Led
Contract Options Available:
- Starting Salary £10 per hour
- 45p per mile paid
- Flexible working patterns
- AM/PM shifts available between 7am - 11pm (Monday - Sunday)
- Contract hours of between 16 - 30 hours per week
- Overtime options available
- New starter bonus of £300*
About the Role:
As a Community Care Assistant you will be supporting our customers in their own homes with all aspects of their day-to-day living, including personal care tasks, such as nutrition, toileting and bathing. We are not a Domiciliary Care provider, we are a reablement service working to support our customers to regain their independence during their time with us.
We are looking for people who are caring, supportive and passionate about providing a high level of care and support to vulnerable people, maintaining dignity and respect at all times. Good communication skills (both written and verbal) and an empathetic approach are essential.
A full induction course and ‘shadow’ training will be provided to successful candidates.
- To ensure that customers have choice and control over the service/s they receive and the outcomes they wish to achieve.
- To show commitment to the mental and physical wellbeing of our customers by supporting them within a variety of settings,
- To meet outcome based performance targets to support our customers’ independence and self-sufficiency skills throughout their short-term care plan
- Use of ECL’s staff and customer information system (CACI), ensuring attention to detail in the reporting and recording of care plans
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and communication links with our customers, colleagues and other professionals, eg GP’s, District Nurses, Social Workers to ensure a comprehensive and versatile care provision
Your Career Starts Here…
Apply now if you are looking for a rewarding career and have the passion to make a real difference.
With on-going training and career development, you’ll always find a challenge to keep you thriving and add qualifications at the same time.
Benefits of working at ECL include:
- 45p mileage allowance (up to 10,000 miles p/a)
- Travelling time paid between calls
- Double pay on bank holidays
- Flexible working patterns
- Annual salary reviews and performance bonus
- Up to £1000 ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme available to staff *
- Healthcare support scheme
- Enhanced contributory pension scheme
- ECL employee rewards scheme
- Free DBS check (if required)
- Career progression opportunities within ECL
- Driving license and use of personal vehicle for work purposes
- Enhanced DBS Check (can be arranged through ECL if needed)
- Complete a Care Certificate qualification through ECL during your probationary period.
Established by Essex County Council in 2009, ECL is the UK’s first Local Authority Trading Company. We are now the largest Reablement Care provider in Essex, providing high quality care to vulnerable individuals, including the elderly, those with learning disabilities or sensory impairments. Drawing on our internal network of specialist support roles and working closely with NHS and external health and social care providers, we work to help our customers regain and develop their independence during their time with us
How to Apply?
Submit your application here, and the first step of the recruitment process will be a CV screening stage followed by a short telephone interview. Successful applicants will be invited to a face to face interview, and if you are offered a role with ECL you will be sent a written offer of employment, subject to pre-employment checks.
ECL are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitable candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are proud to be part of the Disability Confident scheme which helps to employ, support and promote disabled people in the workplace.
* (terms & conditions apply)
Job Code: 86992
Apply for this vacancy