Regional Management Accountant
- Location: Chelmsford
- Salary: £29,750.00 - £33,000.00pa
- Contract: Full Time
- Hours: 37 Hours
- Closing Date: 12th April 2019
ECL (Essex Cares Limited) is a local authority trading company that is working towards becoming the supplier of choice for Adult Health and Social Care needs and encouraging its customers to “Live Life on Your Terms”. We have a chance in the Finance department to join a dynamic, flexible, conscientious team that want to support its stakeholders through the financial reporting of each business stream, be it activity or geography.
The Finance Department has a primary responsibility to protect the assets of the business through the maintenance and development of a systematic process for financial control and review. By providing accurate, timely and meaningful financial and management information that enables the Board and all levels of management to make effective decisions regarding the strategic direction of the business.
The role is to look to the future, analyse the performance of the business and advise on how to pre-empt problems, adapt to changing circumstances and improve value. By offering advice on reducing operational and production costs and helping to implement newer, more effective strategies, across the organisation.
The role combines accounting skills with effective communication to both financial and non-financial management.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Preparing financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, budgets preparation, variance analysis and commentaries for each responsible regional business area.
- Providing a support service by working closely with all business areas and the management teams to help make financial decisions.
- Ensuring spending is kept in line with the budget and forecast budget.
- Informing key strategic decisions and formulating business strategies, providing concise evidence to support this.
- Working closely with the Regional Business Managers and advising on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions.
- Analysing financial performance and so contributing to medium and long-term business planning/ forecasts.
- Offering professional judgment on financial matters and advising on ways of improving business performance.
- Interpreting and communicating financial data to non-financial managers.
- Liaising with all managers to put the finances and accounts in context.
- Monitoring and evaluating financial information systems and suggesting improvements where needed.
- Implementing corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls.
- Able to travel to different regions responsible for in order to provide financial insight and assist in providing financial support to local management.