Care Assistant – Harlow Wellbeing Hub
- Salary: £15,114.17 - £20,150 p/a
- Location: Harlow
- Contract: Permanent - Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours
- Closing date: 04/02/2019
ECL, the leading provider of care and support services in Essex are looking for caring, enthusiastic and committed individuals to work in Harlow, we are particularly looking for caring individuals who can enable people with Learning Disabilities who enjoy spending time with others and helping them maintain their independence.
We are recruiting for Care Assistants for our expanding services within our Work Participation & Wellbeing Hub based in Harlow.
As a Care Assistant you will provide support with both our Learning Disabilities and Older Peoples services carrying out a variety of roles including:
- Supporting our customers to achieve their personalised goals
- Contributing in developing creative ideas and activities for our customers
- Implementing your own skills to enhance group activities based on our customers’ needs and wants
- Support in creating job opportunities for our customers
- Promoting their independence and help better engage with the community
- Supporting young adults with all of their daily living needs that include communication, nutritional intake, administration of medication and personal care needs
Older Persons Services
- Support in promoting our customers’ independence
- Engaging with customers through activities to suit their needs and wants
- Providing person-centred care
- Promoting choice and empower our customers
No experience is required for the right individuals as full training is provided.
Driving is NOT essential, but preferred!
Do you have the skills to make a difference?
Are you seeking a more rewarding role or a change in career?
With ongoing training and career development, you’ll always find a challenge to keep you thriving and add qualifications to your belt at the same time.
- Flexible working hours
- Double pay on bank holidays
- Earn £5,500 (on average) in additional hours on top of your base salary
- 45p per mile
- Travelling time paid between calls
- Leading hourly pay rates
- Healthcare cash plans with up to £700 claimable during the year
- Performance related pay (incorporating salary and bonus payment)
- Up to £1000 ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme available to staff*
- Contributory pension scheme
- 4,000 exclusive member offers
- Free DBS check
- Career progression opportunities within ECL
CQC rating of ‘Good’ and ‘Outstanding’ for well led
*£1000 offers up to 31st March 2019 for referrals to short term support in the community roles (will then revert to £300)
Care Assistants cover a range of services so there will be opportunities to gain experience across different areas such as our Wellbeing Centre’s, POLR, STSC, Outreach, Work Based Training and caring for adults with a disability. All our services help adults to maintain/regain independence and enable them to develop life skills. You may need to travel, so the use of a car for work purposes is desirable.
It is essential for this role to work in an enabling way; coaching, demonstrating, promoting and encouraging independence.
All appointments are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check which will be paid for by ECL. As part of this role you will be required to undertake the Care Certificate during your probationary period with the support of your line manager.
ECL is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy please get in touch below: