Care Assistant (Bank Staff) - Harlow Wellbeing Hub
- Salary: £15,114.17 - £20,150 p/a
- Location: Harlow
- Contract: Relief / Casual
- Hours: Various
- Closing date: 04/02/2019
ECL, the leading provider of care and support services in Essex are looking for caring, enthusiastic and committed individuals to work in the Harlow Wellbeing Hub, we are particularly looking for caring individuals who can enable people with Learning Disabilities who enjoy spending time with others and helping them maintain their independence.
In this rewarding role, you will be required to support staff in our Work Participation & Wellbeing Hubs with meeting all of their daily living needs that include support with personal care, nutritional intake and participation within their day activity sessions. These sessions will take place in either the Hub or the local community.
You may also be required to assist our customers within their home environment (STSC service) with their daily living skills which includes personal care, getting to and from the toilet, getting dressed in the morning and then undressed and into bed at night and assisting with their taking of medication.
No experience is required for the right individuals as full training is provided.
With ongoing training and career development, you’ll always find a challenge to keep you thriving and add qualifications to your belt at the same time.
- Flexible working hours
- Double pay on bank holidays
- Earn £5,500 (on average) in additional hours on top of your base salary
- 45p per mile
- Travelling time paid between calls
- Leading hourly pay rates
- Healthcare cash plans with up to £700 claimable during the year
- Performance related pay (incorporating salary and bonus payment)
- Up to £1000 ‘refer a friend’ scheme available to staff *
- Contributory pension scheme
- 4,000 exclusive member offers
- Free DBS check
- Career progression opportunities within ECL CQC rating of ‘Good’ and ‘Outstanding’ for Well Led
* £1000 offers up to 31st March 2019 for referrals to short term support in the community roles (will then revert to £300)
It is essential for this role to work in an enabling way; coaching, demonstrating, promoting and encouraging independence.
All appointments are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check which will be paid for by ECL.
You will need to travel, so the use of a car for work purposes is essential.
ECL is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy please get in touch below: