Community Care Assistant - Colchester & surrounding areas
- Salary: £15,114 - £20,150 p/a + 45p mileage pay
- Location: Colchester
- Contract: Permanent
- Hours: Full and part time hours available
- Closing date: 31/01/2019
ECL, the leading provider of care and support services in Essex are looking for caring, enthusiastic and committed individuals to work in the Colchester area. We are particularly looking for caring individuals who can enable people with Learning Disabilities who enjoy spending time with others and helping them maintain their independence.
- Do you want to work for the leading provider of care and support services in Essex?
- Do you want to be paid leading rates for care workers in the region, including 45p per mile business mileage?
- Are you interested in a job/ career for life?
Then why not join our award winning care team; we pride ourselves on being the best care provider in the county, promoting independence, dignity and quality of life at all times in a person centered caring and supportive environment.
This is an exciting time to join Essex Cares as we look to grow our provision of short term care and support in the county. As a Care Assistant, you will support people at the point of crisis, helping our customers to become as independent as possible so they can play full and active roles in their communities.
The new service will include a range of roles working in a multi-disciplinary approach and through this will help avoid unnecessary admissions and delayed discharges from hospital, promote independence in people’s own homes, and ensure that people have greater choice and control over their longer term care and support.
Rather than experience, we are looking for people who share our values and our commitment to helping and caring for individuals in our community.
With ongoing training and career development, you’ll always find a challenge to keep you thriving and add qualifications to your belt at the same time.
- Flexible working hours
- Double pay on bank holidays
- Earn in excess of £5,500 in additional hours on top of your base salary
- 45p per mile
- Travelling time paid between calls
- Leading hourly pay rates
- Healthcare cash plans with up to £700 claimable during the year
- Performance related pay (incorporating salary and bonus payment)
- Up to £1000 ‘refer a friend’ scheme available to staff *
- Contributory pension scheme
- 4,000 exclusive member offers
- Free DBS check
- Career progression opportunities within ECL
CQC rating of ‘Good’ and ‘Outstanding’ for Well Led
* £1000 offers up to 31st March 2019 for referrals to Short term support in the Community roles (will then revert to £300)
The full salary range is between £15,114 - £20,150 depending on skills and experience and there are opportunities to progress.
As this role requires travel around the community, a car driver with their own vehicle is essential.
If this sounds like a company you’d be proud to work for, why not apply today?
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitable candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are proud to be part of the Disability Confident scheme which helps to employ, support and promote disabled people in the workplace.
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy please get in touch below: