Sighted Guide / Communicator Guide - Bank worker
- Salary: £8.77 to £15 per hour dependent upon qualifications
- Location: Sandon, Chelmsford
- Contract: Relief / Casual
- Hours: 0
- Closing date: 31/03/2019
Are you looking for part-time flexible working hours and an exciting new challenge?
Do you enjoy working creatively, flexibly and collaboratively as part of a specialist team?
Then we should talk!
ECL Sensory Service are seeking caring people to join their bank team of Sighted Guides and Communicator Guides who’s role is to support people with sight loss and dual sensory loss in the community.
BSL Level 2 and above welcome though certainly not essential.
- Working with people who have sight or dual sensory impairments.
- Supporting them to maintain independence, access services and improve quality of life.
- 1-1 support in the community across Essex and sometimes beyond.
- Activities could include assisting with a shopping trip, finance or correspondence, accessing sports and leisure facilities or attending meetings within Essex County Council.
You will need to:
- Be able to work on your own initiative out in the community as well as be able to fit in as part of an expanding team.
- Have a full driving licence and access to a car.
- Enjoy working with people and keen to enable independence.
- Undertake induction training and Sighted Guide and / or Communicator Guide training.
With ongoing training and career development, you’ll always find a challenge to keep you thriving and add qualifications to your belt at the same time.
- Flexible working hours
- 45p per mile
- Leading hourly pay rates
- Healthcare cash plans with up to £700 claimable during the year
- Performance related pay (incorporating salary and bonus payment)
- Up to £1000 ‘refer a friend’ scheme available to staff *
- Contributory pension scheme
- 4,000 exclusive member offers
- Free DBS check
- Career progression opportunities within ECL
CQC rating of ‘Good’ and ‘Outstanding’ for well led
*£1000 offers up to 31st March 2019 for referrals to Short term support in the Community roles (will then revert to £300)
This is a growing service with ECL and is Countywide.
ECL is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy please get in touch below: