Trusted Assessor - South West Essex (Basildon and surrounding areas)
- Salary: £18,000 - £24,990 p/a pro rata + 45p mileage pay
- Location: Basildon
- Contract: Permanent - Full Time
- Hours: 37 per week
- Closing date: 31/12/2018
- Do you want to work for the leading care company in Essex?
- Do you have a passion for helping others and making a difference to someone's life?
- Do you want to be part of a growing company, paying rates including 45p per business mileage?
- Are you interested in a job/career for life?
- Opportunities for career progression.
Then why not join our award winning care team; we pride ourselves on being the best care provider in the county, promoting independence, dignity and quality of life at all times in a person centered caring and supportive environment.
This is an exciting time to join Essex Cares as we look to grow our provision of short term care and support in the county to ensure that people have greater choice and control over their longer term care and support.
As a Trusted Assessor you will carry out initial assessments, outcome focused support planning, risk assessments, MCA and manual handling risk assessments and subsequent customer reviews in variety of settings, including customer homes, ECL buildings, hospitals and community settings both in person and via the telephone. An understanding of the care act eligibility is preferable but not essential. You will need to gain and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of available local community resources and pro-actively liaise with our integrated team of health and social care workers, as well as other external health professionals, to maximise the support available to the individual.
You will be required to work on a shift pattern between 7am – 11pm including every other weekend (normal shifts 7am-3pm or 3pm-11pm). A good understanding of IT is essential.
We are looking for exceptional people who share our values and our commitment to helping and caring for individuals in our community; you will be expected to hold or working towards level 3 QCF in the care industry and be an Approved Assessor.
With ongoing training and career development, you’ll always find a challenge to keep you thriving and add qualifications to your belt at the same time.
- Flexible working hours
- 45p per mile
- Leading hourly pay rates
- Healthcare cash plans with up to £700 claimable during the year
- Performance related pay (incorporating salary and bonus payment)
- Up to £1000 ‘refer a friend’ scheme available to staff *
- Contributory pension scheme
- 4,000 exclusive member offers
- Free DBS check
- Career progression opportunities within ECL
CQC rating of ‘Good’ and ‘Outstanding’ for Well Led
* £1000 offers up to 31st March 2019 for referrals to Short term support in the Community roles (will then revert to £300)
As this role requires travel around the community, a car driver with their own vehicle is essential.
If this sounds like a company you’d be proud to work for, why not apply today?
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitable candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are proud to be part of the Disability Confident scheme which helps to employ, support and promote disabled people in the workplace.
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy please get in touch below: