Communinty Care Assistant - Woodlands Wellbeing Hub (Colchester, Essex)
- Salary: £15,114 - £20,150 p/a
- Location: Colchester
- Contract: Fixed-Term (6 months)
- Hours: 37 per week
- Closing date: 22/01/2019
ECL, the leading provider of care and support services across Essex, are looking for caring, enthusiastic and committed individuals to work in the Colchester area. We are particularly looking for caring individuals who can enable people with a learning disability to enjoy a life they choose.
Maybe you thrive in empowering & guiding people with a learning disability to learn new skills?
We are seeking individuals who can multi-task, work as part of a team, enjoy new challenges and also possess the skills to:
- Work with adults with complex needs
- Facilitate group activities
- Help our customers to learn life skills
- Support in promoting inclusion and independence
There is an opportunity to work on a one-to-one basis with our customers. We are also keen to hear from applicants who thrive in a varied and lively environment, where you can find that no two days would be the same.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you and for you to join our existing team within our Work Participation and Wellbeing Hub.
Experience is not required. Full training is provided
With on-going training and career development, you’ll always find a challenge to keep you thriving and add qualifications to your belt at the same time.
- Flexible working patterns
- Double pay on bank holidays
- 45p per mile
- Travelling time paid between calls
- Leading hourly pay rates
- Healthcare cash plans with up to £700 claimable during the year
- Performance related pay (incorporating salary and bonus payment)
- Up to £1000 ‘refer a friend’ scheme available to staff *
- Contributory pension scheme
- 4,000 exclusive member offers
- Free DBS check
- Career progression opportunities within ECL
CQC rating of ‘Good’ and ‘Outstanding’ for Well Led
* £1000 offers up to 31st March 2019 (subject to terms & conditions)
Community Care Assistants cover a range of services so there will be opportunities to gain experience across different areas such as our Wellbeing Centre’s, STSC, Outreach, Work Based Training and caring for adults with a disability. All our services help adults regain independence and enable them to develop life skills.
All appointments are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check which will be paid for by ECL and you will need to travel, so the use of a car for work purposes is essential. As part of this role you will be required to undertake the Care Certificate during your probationary period.
ECL is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Any enquiries or to arrange a pre-application visit in relation to the post please contact Anna Gant Anna.Gant@essexcares.org.
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy please get in touch below: