From October 2012 ECL has been delivering the Regaining Independence Service in West Sussex on behalf of West Sussex County Council.
Reablement is a programme of short-term care designed to help you regain and maintain your independence – giving you the confidence to cope at home again. Unlike traditional home care, where carers visit and complete tasks for you, our team work with you to learn or re-learn the skills you need for everyday life. If you live in your own home and have recently been experiencing difficulties carrying out daily living activities, perhaps after a period in hospital or spell of ill health, our service may be able to support you.
We can help with things such as:
- Developing confidence to enable safe transfers including getting up from a chair, in and out of bed and on and off the toilet.
- Providing you and your carers with safety awareness tips to prevent falls or avoidable accidents reducing risks around your home.
- Support in finding new ways in dealing with everyday tasks including: food and drink preparation, shopping, organising and planning daily routines, using transport, laundry, household administration and community access.
- Personal care tasks including opportunities to undertake washing, dressing and toileting independently.
- Working with you to enable you to live life independently.
- Signposting to other local services which can support you including Carer Support Services and Age UK.
Our Regaining Independence Service is free for up to six weeks as long as you are participating in the programme and making progress. At the end of your programme we hope you will be able live life independently without any support.
The care & Support at Home Service runs from 7am - 11am, seven days a week.
Regaining Independence Service Northern Office,