Our Harlow Wellbeing Hub is our first Wellbeing Hub to offer a fully integrated health and social care service for teenagers and adults, reflecting the community’s diverse, growing needs.
We have a lot on offer at the new Harlow Wellbeing Hub including:
- Day opportunities and support for older adults, people with dementia and their families.
- Specifically designed and fully inclusive activity programmes for people who have physical, sensory or learning disabilities.
- Access to many ECL services including Outreach for those that require support at home and in their local neighbourhoods.
- A Work Based Training team on site to give advice, guidance and support to people with learning disabilities who want to progress into voluntary or paid employment, as well as training opportunities in the onsite café.
- Café open to the public, including free wifi.
- External event catering.
- IT suite for hire.
- Small conference room for hire with onsite catering if required.
- Sessions for hire in our sensory room.
- Practice rooms for clinicians to hire.
- Rehabilitation kitchen for hire.
Please call the centre for pricing information.
Our day time activities focus on five key areas aimed at building confidence, retaining and learning new skills, increasing physical and mental activity, and encouraging community integration and independence.
Within our five offerings we have a varied menu of “pick and mix” sessions. All of our customers are supported and motivated to choose and participate with activities and sessions that suit their personal needs and aspirations. Sessions include:
Health & Wellbeing:
- Cultural, beliefs and diversity
- Food preparation and hygiene
- Hand massage
- Healthy eating, planning and budgeting
- Personal health support
- Self-image – all about me
The 5 Senses:
- Bingo and quizzes
- Flower arranging
- Memory and board games
- Sensory stimulation
- Story telling
Arts & Creative Expression:
- Communication projects
- Finger and brush painting
- IT sessions
- Model making
- Textile design and fashion
Exercise & Movement:
- Chair fit
- Circuit training
- Games and quizzes
- Table and board games
Outdoor & Community Projects:
- Bird walking and nature trails
- Lunch outings
- Other community activities
Monday - Friday: 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Harlow Wellbeing Hub,