Our Outreach service provides the opportunity for you to enjoy more independence with like-minded people.
Outreach offers tailored support and assistance to access the community and to do the things you enjoy, on a one-to-one basis, including:
- 1 to 1 support.
- Accessing facilities such as libraries, clubs and shops.
- Undertaking leisure activities including walking in the park or swimming
- Support with day to day tasks such as cooking, cleaning, filling out forms or assisting with your weekly food shop.
- Assisting with gardening, planting up and other outdoor activities.
- Support by specialist sighted guides.
- Help and encouragement to revisit past or new interests
- Help to make and attend appointments or to travel to work.
- Safeguarding individual’s finances through close partnerships with the Essex Guardians.
You will initially be visited by a team leader to understand your individual needs. You will then be allocated a primary and secondary worker matched to your personality and interests giving you consistency, and the ability to build on-going relationships over time.