Our Sensory Co-ordination Services’ role is to respond to all enquiries by telephone, textphone, SMS, email, post or any other route.
Telephone: 03330 133 262
Textphone: 01245 261 715
SMS: 07921 397 547
Our response is person-centred and based on a conversation rather than a script or checklist and we will take as long as you need to assist you with your enquiry.
We are here from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and will assist with a wide range of sensory topics, and sometimes non-sensory too! You can contact us if you feel you need to talk to someone about your sensory needs but are not sure where to go or who does what. We will do our best to help you resolve any issues you may have and signpost or refer you to the correct departments or organisations if needed.
Our Co-ordination Service is developing into an all age provision and so over the coming few months we will be increasing our knowledge of services and support to children and young people. This will enable us to appropriately support all requests for information, advice or guidance regardless of age.
Following are examples of the types of things our team can help with:
- Sight and hearing impairment worries or questions and finding out what support is available for you
- Certificate of Visual Impairment follow up calls and enquiries
- Registration of sight, hearing and dual sensory impairments
- Requesting white cane, mobility or kitchen skills training
- Information about sensory equipment
- What to do if your sensory equipment breaks
- How to refer into the team for a sensory assessment in your home
- Information on local and national voluntary organisations, how they can help and direct referrals to them
- Information on social care support available and how to make a referral
- Information regarding one to one support services
- Sensory Awareness Training information
- Information for professionals including health and social care
We have an answer phone facility for out of hours enquiries or if we are extremely busy and we will always will respond as quickly as possible if you leave your name and contact details. Our contact details are on our Home page and we look forward to hearing from you.