Wellbeing centres in Essex for adults with learning disabilities
With 28 hubs across Essex, we provide a nurturing environment where you can meet new people, learn new skills and try new things. We ensure that your support needs are met in a personalised and flexible way so that you can live as independently as possible in your local community.
How we can support you
We provide an ‘enabling’ environment consisting of:
- Community and centre-based activity programmes with customer choice at the heart of our timetables.
- Digital solutions such as touch-screen displays, interactive projection equipment, sensory equipment and specialist applications to support communication, choice, control and progression.
- Specialist equipment and purpose-built rooms to support personal care and enabling independence.
- Sessions in skill development e.g. travel training, healthy eating and independence skills.
- Therapy led programmes e.g. Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Sensory Integration.
We also offer vocational Work Based Training to enable adults with learning disabilities to gain knowledge, skills and confidence.
Ask away! Anything at all. From costs to arranging to visit our centres. Check out our frequently asked questions.
Alternatively, call us on 03330 135 438 (Local Charges Apply).
Our approach to wellbeing
- Our Trusted Assessors work with you to develop support plans tailored to meet your needs and personal goals.
- We provide a stimulating environment which encourages development, engagement and social interaction.
- Our highly skilled staff team create a warm, happy and positive atmosphere and receive ongoing training which enhances the support they can provide to you.
Learn new work based skills which can lead to employment, volunteer work or just to a more enriched and fulfilling life.
At our network of 28 hubs we provide personalised and flexible support to help you live as independently as possible within a safe, caring and fun environment.
Some words from our customers...
Oliver Pascoe, Customer
I started training at Café Goodman in May 2015, later gaining employment as a result but decided to come back as a volunteer one day a week because I want to assist others on their journey.
Whilst at Café Goodman I learnt skills in money handling, catering and customer service. All the things I enjoy in life that make me happy.