Why Choose ECL?
ECL offer a range of high-quality centre and home-based services to support older adults. As the largest care provider in Essex, we are wholly owned by Essex County Council and continuously invest in our services to ensure we can offer the best possible environment for our customers.
- Wellbeing centres that specialise in supporting adults in early and late stages of Dementia, Alzheimer's and Parkinson’s disease.
- A Trusted Assessor to work with each individual to create and monitor a tailored support plan to achieve desired outcomes.
- Community and centre-based activity programmes with customer choice at the heart of our timetables.
- Support for older people who have become isolated and lonely to re-engage with communities and make new relationships.
- Specialist equipment and purpose-built rooms to support personal care and enabling independence.
- Digital solutions such as touch-screen displays, interactive projection equipment, sensory equipment and specialist applications to support choice, control and progression.
- Each year our customer base is growing which enables us to keep improving the services we offer.
- 97% of customers would recommend us to friends or family.
- We take the personal outcomes our customers want to achieve very seriously. Every single customer has a personal programme and a set of goals, developed with an ECL Trusted Assessor and reviewed regularly with the customer and their family:
"I would like to thank ECL and all their staff for the high quality of care that they have provided for Raffaella during her visits to the Crocus Wellbeing Hub in Takeley. Her visits to Crocus appear to have given her something to get interested in and I believe this has helped her to face life better." Hugh Whyatt, Raffaella’s husband
- Are happy working for ECL – over 90% intend to still be working for ECL in 12 months’ time.
- Are paid more than the industry average, receive attractive benefits and are offered flexible working.
- Are highly qualified, they are Care Certified or have an equivalent qualification on joining us.
- Receive ongoing mandatory and additional training in multiple disciplines including First Aid, Medication Administration, Epilepsy, Dementia Awareness, Safeguarding, Catheter Care and many more.
- Use active support– with an emphasis on ‘enabling’ people to maintain skills rather than providing ‘care’.
- Include in-house experts such as occupational therapists and physiotherapists
- Work with NHS and social care teams to support health and wellbeing.