Working for ECL
Community care careers in Mid Essex
Support your local community and make a real difference
We are looking for...
Come and join the team
To be considered, you need:
- to be aged 18 or over
- the right to work in the UK
- a valid UK driving licence
- a vehicle with business insurance to travel
We're looking for individuals who share our values and passion to make a positive difference to people’s lives throughout the community.
In Mid Essex we provide short-term reablement care to customers in their own homes across Braintree, Burnham-on-Crouch, Chelmsford and Halstead.
There are few jobs more rewarding than a career in care
Joining us as a reablement Care Assistant means you'll be part of a committed and proud team and receive some great benefits including:
- £12.20 ph weekdays, £14.20 ph weekend per hour plus mileage (including when you're travelling between customers)
- Mileage paid at 45p per mile
- A minimum of 24 days holiday per year, including bank holidays (pro rata), rising with service
- Paid induction and training
- Paid DBS check
- Free uniform including PPE
- Guaranteed permanent hours or bank hours if this is your preference
- Genuine career progression
- Funded training programmes – including NVQs/ QCFs
- Staff benefits scheme which gives you access to discounts from a wide range of high street stores
- A healthcare cash plan to claim back the cost of dental, health and optical treatment plus a range of other health & wellbeing benefits
- Annual pay and performance review
- A refer a friend scheme where you can earn up to £1500 for each successful referral
Your career starts here...
Meet some of our amazing team and discover why they love working for us
The pandemic brought the issue of work-life balance into sharp focus for us all. It led many who’d been feeling overworked and under-appreciated to reevaluate what they really wanted out of a career, and for some it acted as the final push they needed to make a change. That’s certainly true for Julie, a former teacher turned Community Care Assistant with ECL.
Despite a long and varied career which had seen him excel in the fields of retail, sales, and operations management, Mick never really felt that he’d found his calling. Thankfully, he stumbled across an ad on social media for flexible Community Care Assistant roles with ECL and realised that this could be the opportunity he’d been looking for.