Why work for us?
There are few jobs more rewarding than a career in care. At ECL, we look for people who share our values and passion to make a positive difference to people’s lives throughout the community.
Join our growing team of approx. 1,400 staff across Essex, West Sussex and Havering, helping us to achieve our vision of being the supplier of choice for Adult Health and Social Care.
Please note: We are not able to provide you with embedded media as your cookie preferences do not meet the requirements that our 3rd party services need.
You can either view the media directly by clicking here. Or you can enable Marketing Cookies to view this media directly on the ECL site.
What we can offer you
We value our staff and invest in them to ensure we can offer the highest levels of care. Our aim is to make sure they feel rewarded for their amazing contribution.
ECL is proud to be an equal opportunities and disability confident employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.
All staff at ECL receive:
- A minimum of 24 days annual leave per year (plus bank holidays, pro rata), rising with service
- NEST pension scheme with matched contribution up to 6% upon joining if eligible
- Paid travel time with mileage paid at 45p per mile
- Full induction and training with ongoing support
- Funded training programmes and career progression including NVQs/QCFs
- Annual pay and performance review including bonus scheme
- Staff benefits scheme providing access to discounts from a wide range retail brands, restaurants, holidays, and more
- A healthcare support scheme to claim back the cost of dental, health and optical treatment plus, a range of other health & wellbeing benefits
- Reimbursement of professional membership where this is required to undertake your role
- Referral scheme of up to £1500*
As a front-line member of staff, you’ll receive extra benefits such as:
- A higher rate of pay than many of our competitors
- Double pay on bank holidays
- Free enhanced DBS check
- Free uniform & PPE
- Free company smart phone
- Guaranteed permanent or bank hours depending on preference
- Regular paid overtime opportunities
Take the next step in your career and become part of the ECL team
*Terms and Conditions apply
Harry, Care Assistant in West Essex
I’ve never been happier at work than I am here at ECL. It’s so rewarding to be doing a job where you can make a tangible difference to people’s lives
Meet some of our amazing team and discover why they love working for us
Sara, a mum of two from South-West Essex was working as a teaching assistant when, in 2020, she decided to take a career break to look after her dad, who was unfortunately living with prostate cancer. With a bit of encouragement from her dad, Sara began to consider caring as a career...
When Hannah decided to move on from her role supporting elderly people living with dementia in a nursing home, she carefully researched new opportunities. After trawling through listings for care jobs in West Sussex to no avail, she came across an exciting vacancy with ECL and the company’s positive reviews spoke for themselves…
Rebecca has been with ECL for more than a decade, joining the business as a Community Care Assistant back in 2012. Since then, her career in care has gone from strength to strength. With the support of ECL, ambitious Rebecca is now a Learning Disabilities Service Manager and she’s enjoying her job as much today as she did all those years ago…
When the pandemic took hold, Harry Sims was forced to abandon his fledgling career as a self-employed hairdresser. While hunting for a new job, a friend referred him to ECL’s community care team and he’s so glad they did…
The pandemic brought the issue of work-life balance into sharp focus for us all. It led many who’d been feeling overworked and under-appreciated to reevaluate what they really wanted out of a career, and for some it acted as the final push they needed to make a change. That’s certainly true for Julie, a former teacher turned Community Care Assistant with ECL.
Since joining ECL on an apprenticeship six years ago, Katie’s career has gone from strength to strength. After a fantastic placement, she was over the moon to land a role as a full-time Community Care Assistant with the business before going on to become a Team Leader. Keen to keep moving forward, Katie will soon be taking on a new challenge with ECL’s Maldon Day Service…
Katie, Service Manager in Mid Essex
ECL is a brilliant company to work for. If you’re looking for career progression, you’ll find so many opportunities open to you and all the support you need to succeed