Why work for us?
There are few jobs more rewarding than a career in care. At ECL, we look for people who share our values and passion to make a positive difference to people’s lives throughout the community.
Our values - ASPIRE to be the best
Adaptable and progressive
Supportive and encouraging
Integrity and respect
Empathetic and compassionate
Join our growing team of approx. 1,400 staff across Essex, West Sussex and Havering, helping us to achieve our vision of being the supplier of choice for Adult Health and Social Care.
What we can offer you
We value our staff and invest in them to ensure we can offer the highest levels of care. Our aim is to make sure they feel rewarded for their amazing contribution.
ECL is proud to be an equal opportunities and disability confident employer. We positively
encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race,
disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or
pregnancy and maternity.
All staff at ECL receive:
- A minimum of 24 days annual leave per year (plus bank holidays, pro rata), rising with service
- NEST pension scheme with matched contribution up to 6% upon joining if eligible
- Paid travel time with mileage paid at 45p per mile
- Full induction and training with ongoing support
- Funded training programmes and career progression including NVQs/QCFs
- Annual pay and performance review including bonus scheme
- Staff benefits scheme providing access to discounts from a wide range of high street stores
- A healthcare cash plan to claim back the cost of dental, health and optical treatment plus, a range of other health & wellbeing benefits
- Reimbursement of professional membership where this is required to undertake your role
- A refer a friend scheme
As a front-line member of staff, you’ll receive extra benefits such as:
- A higher rate of pay than many of our competitors
- Paid DBS check
- Free uniform
- Guaranteed permanent or bank hours depending on preference
- Regular paid overtime opportunities
Take the next step in your career and become part of the ECL team
Sue, CCA in North Essex
To anyone thinking of applying for a role in care at ECL, I’d say - do it!
Meet some of our amazing team and discover why they love working for us
The outbreak of Covid-19 gave long-time cabbie, Ian the final push he needed to embark on a new career in care with ECL.
Despite building a successful home baking business over the past nine years, Helen felt stuck in a rut. With her children getting older, she was keen to find a flexible job that could fit around her business, while giving her the opportunity to meet people and learn new skills.
Ian, CCA in West Essex
I can’t imagine working for anyone else