Why work for us?
There are few jobs more rewarding than a career in care. At ECL, we look for people who share our values and passion to make a positive difference to people’s lives throughout the community.
Our values - ASPIRE to be the best
Adaptable and progressive
Supportive and encouraging
Integrity and respect
Empathetic and compassionate
Join our growing team of approx. 1,400 staff across Essex, West Sussex and Havering, helping us to achieve our vision of being the supplier of choice for Adult Health and Social Care.
What we can offer you
We value our staff and invest in them to ensure we can offer the highest levels of care. Our aim is to make sure they feel rewarded for their amazing contribution.
ECL is proud to be an equal opportunities and disability confident employer. We positively
encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race,
disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or
pregnancy and maternity.
All staff at ECL receive:
- A minimum of 24 days annual leave per year (plus bank holidays, pro rata), rising with service
- NEST pension scheme with matched contribution up to 6% upon joining if eligible
- Paid travel time with mileage paid at 45p per mile
- Full induction and training with ongoing support
- Funded training programmes and career progression including NVQs/QCFs
- Annual pay and performance review including bonus scheme
- Staff benefits scheme providing access to discounts from a wide range of high street stores
- A healthcare cash plan to claim back the cost of dental, health and optical treatment plus, a range of other health & wellbeing benefits
- Reimbursement of professional membership where this is required to undertake your role
- A refer a friend scheme
As a front-line member of staff, you’ll receive extra benefits such as:
- A higher rate of pay than many of our competitors
- Double pay on bank holidays
- Paid DBS check
- Free uniform
- Guaranteed permanent or bank hours depending on preference
- Regular paid overtime opportunities
Take the next step in your career and become part of the ECL team
Mick, Trusted Assessor in Mid Essex
To anyone unsure about applying to work with ECL I’d say, go for it!
Meet some of our amazing team and discover why they love working for us
Vanessa had enjoyed a long career in the print industry but, with her children growing up, she decided the time was right to pursue her interest in healthcare and take the plunge into a new profession. A friend recommended checking out ECL, and she’s now embarking upon the next exciting chapter of her life as a Community Care Assistant with the North Essex Reablement Team…
Although busy running a successful canine massage and grooming business, Abby found meaningful conversation from her clients to be a little lacking. To combat the loneliness she was experiencing, she decided to take on a part-time role as a bank worker with ECL. After falling in love with person-centred care, she’s now pursuing an entirely new career with human interaction at its heart…
Having worked as a carer in a residential home for many years, Sarah Barber found that elements of the job were beginning to take their toll on her emotionally. She knew she wanted to stay in care but was keen to find a new role which would utilise her extensive skill set, while leaving her feeling more uplifted and fulfilled – enter, ECL!
Despite a long and varied career which had seen him excel in the fields of retail, sales, and operations management, Mick never really felt that he’d found his calling. Thankfully, he stumbled across an ad on social media for flexible Community Care Assistant roles with ECL and realised that this could be the opportunity he’d been looking for.
After being made redundant from her job of 23 years, Nadine decided to take the opportunity to think about what she really wanted out of a career. Realising that her office-based role had been lacking in reward, she started the search for a position in care so that she could give something back to people in need.
Abby, CCA for Roundwood, Braintree
I’ve learnt so much since I joined the company. ECL has really opened my eyes to a whole new career.