Working for ECL
Community care careers in West Essex
Support your local community and make a real difference
We are looking for...
Come and join the team
To be considered, you need:
- to be aged 18 or over
- the right to work in the UK
- a valid UK driving licence
- a vehicle with business insurance to travel
We're looking for individuals who share our values and passion to make a positive difference to people’s lives throughout the community.
In West Essex we provide short-term reablement care to customers in their own homes across Harlow, Loughton, Epping and Saffron Walden.
There are few jobs more rewarding than a career in care
Joining us as a reablement Care Assistant means you'll be part of a committed and proud team and receive some great benefits including:
- £12.20 ph weekdays, £14.20 ph weekend per hour plus mileage (including when you're travelling between customers)
- Mileage paid at 45p per mile
- A minimum of 24 days holiday per year, including bank holidays (pro rata), rising with service
- Paid induction and training
- Paid DBS check
- Free uniform including PPE
- Guaranteed permanent hours or bank hours if this is your preference
- Genuine career progression
- Funded training programmes – including NVQs/ QCFs
- Staff benefits scheme which gives you access to discounts from a wide range of high street stores
- A healthcare cash plan to claim back the cost of dental, health and optical treatment plus a range of other health & wellbeing benefits
- Annual pay and performance review
- A refer a friend scheme where you can earn up to £1500 for each successful referral
Your career starts here...
Meet some of our amazing team and discover why they love working for us
Married for over 50 years, Barry and Julie were devastated when Julie was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s in 2020. They popped into nearby ECL Loughton – Jessops Court Day Centre for a visit and immediately felt at home.
Carmen, who's in her 80's, has reduced mobility due to a car accident. She lives with her son, who works full time so has been attending Marylands for the last two years and is happier than ever
Meet Caroline….Caroline lives with Deafblindness after losing her hearing as a result of ear problems when she was young. She subsequently lost her vision due to idiopathic intracranial hypertension five years later.
During her time with ECL, Donna Hampson has experienced almost every aspect of the business. Joining as a Community Care Assistant (CCA) nearly five years ago, she has since excelled as a Trusted Assessor (TA), in planning roles, and as a Local Business Manager (LBM). She’s now working hard to help others launch their own successful careers in care…
One of our most recent Inclusive Employment success stories is Sarah. Sarah is 26 and loves art, cooking, and West Ham United football club. She lives with profound deafness and autism and attended ECL Chelmsford day service where she undertook work-based training to hone her catering skills. With her training under her belt, she was keen to get a paid job in catering, and our Inclusive Employment team helped her find her ideal job at The Lion Inn, in Boreham.
Busy hotel and restaurant, The Lion Inn is a popular local employer that values efficiency, reliability, and teamwork. The business is no stranger to inclusive employment and when our team approached them about the possibility of employing Inclusive Employment customer Sarah Jennings, they were immediately receptive to the idea. Sarah, lives with autism and profound deafness. The Lion Inn offered her a work trial and she did herself proud and was offered a job as a Prep Chef!