Why choose ECL?
ECL are proud to support people to live safely and independently in their own home and local communities. We provide high quality support to older people, adults requiring short-term reablement, adults with learning disabilities and people with sensory impairment.
As the largest care provider in Essex, we are wholly owned by Essex County Council and continuously re-invest to ensure we can offer the best possible service to our customers.
ECL is regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). We are proud that our regulated service has been rated as 'Outstanding' in South East Essex and 'Good' across all our other regions.
- Day centres throughout Essex offering both centre and community-based day opportunities, with customer choice at the heart of all our programmes.
- Support to allow individuals with a range of needs to gain or maintain independence and life skills, engage with their communities and make new friendships.
- A Trusted Assessor to work with every individual to create and monitor a person-centred plan to achieve desired outcomes.
- Specialist equipment and purpose-built rooms to support personal care and enabling independence.
- Digital solutions such as touchscreen displays, interactive projection equipment, sensory equipment and specialist applications to support choice, control and progression.
- Opportunity to gain professional accreditations via ASDAN and the opportunity for paid employment via our Inclusive Employment programme.
- The largest Reablement care service in South East England, supporting residents of Essex, West Sussex and Havering to regain independence in their own home after a spell of ill health.
- A wide selection of specialist items to support home mobility and safety from ECL Community Equipment - one of the country’s leading home healthcare equipment suppliers.
- Each year our customer base is growing which enables us to keep improving the services we offer.
- 99% of customers would recommend us to friends or family.
- Every single customer has a personal programme and a set of goals, developed with an ECL Trusted Assessor and reviewed regularly with the customer and their family.
- Are happy working for ECL – over 90% intend to still be working for ECL in 12 months’ time.
- Are paid more than the industry average, receive attractive benefits and are offered flexible working.
- Are highly qualified, they are Care Certified or have an equivalent qualification on joining us.
- Receive ongoing mandatory and additional training in multiple disciplines including First Aid, Autism and Learning Disability Awareness, Medication Administration, Epilepsy, Dementia Awareness, Safeguarding, Catheter Care, Systematic Instruction (TSI) and many more.
- Use active support – with an emphasis on ‘enabling’ people to develop or maintain skills rather than providing ‘care’.
- Include in-house Clinical Team such as Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists, Active Support Coaches, Positive Behavioural Specialists and trainers in ASDAN.
- Work with NHS and social care teams to support health and happiness.