We understand that as you get older you may need additional support but maintaining your independence and integration with the community is vital. We have 28 day centres across Essex, as part of our ECL Day Opportunities service, where you can make friends and engage in new activities in a supportive, caring environment.
Please note: We are not able to provide you with embedded media as your cookie preferences do not meet the requirements that our 3rd party services need.
You can either view the media directly by clicking here. Or you can enable Marketing Cookies to view this media directly on the ECL site.
How we can support you
We support customers who have additional needs that come as a result of decreased mobility, or who are living with conditions such as Alzheimer’s, Dementia and Parkinson’s.
Through a flexible programme of both on-site and community-based activities we aim to support you to maintain choice, control and independence.
Family and carers can take a break from their caring role, safe in the knowledge that their relative is receiving the support they require.
George has dementia, has never lived alone, and has always had someone looking after his nutritional needs. He now lives with his daughter and was distraught that he’d forgotten how to make a cup of tea.
Kanta had been feeling lately that her religious beliefs were slipping away due to her memory loss. Having ECL’s support to follow the correct Jain diet has improved Kanta’s wellbeing and mood and keeps her close to her faith.
Download our brochure to find out more about our Older People services
Our approach to person-centred care
- Our Trusted Assessors work with you to develop support plans tailored to meet your needs.
- We provide an environment which stimulates engagement and relationships for our customers who would otherwise be socially isolated.
- Our highly skilled staff team create a warm, happy and positive atmosphere and receive ongoing training which enhances the support they can provide to you.
- An in-house Clinical Team such as Positive Behavioural Specialists, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Speech and Language Therapists.
Other services ECL provide
ECL was established by Essex County Council (ECC) in 2009 as the UK’s first Local Authority Trading Company. Our company status means that although we are a private limited company, we are wholly owned by Essex County Council.
Since 2009, we have grown to offer a wide range of specialist services. We are now the largest care provider in Essex providing:
- High quality care to older people and adults with learning disabilities.
- Short-term care to those recovering from an operation or period of ill health.
- Support for people with a sight and/or hearing impairment.
We provide reablement, home care assistance and short-term support services across Essex and West Sussex, to help you regain independence in your own home after a spell of ill health.
As one of the country's leading equipment suppliers, ECL Community Equipment offers a wide selection of specialist items to support mobility and safety within the home.