Our sensory impairment service supports people who have a sight loss, hearing loss or combined sight and hearing loss, to maintain independence and dignity in every aspect of daily life.
ECL delivers services on behalf of Essex County Council, if you wish to explore the opportunity of a referral or find out about services available in Essex please contact the team by email, phone 03330 133 262, textphone 01245 261715 or SMS 07921 397547.
Our professional and experienced team can offer you an assessment to understand your needs and provide appropriate support and advice including:
- Daily living skills, training and advice to maintain independence in the home
- Communicator Guide and Sighted Guide Service
- Demonstration and advice on specialist sensory equipment
- Lighting and low vision assessments
- Rehabilitation and mobility training indoors and outdoors
- Environmental assessment and advice on adaptations and equipment
- Support with developing communication skills
- Advice and signposting to social activities and voluntary groups
Find out more by visiting our dedicated Sensory Service website